Sunday, February 1, 2009

Spinning, the Superbowl and Sleep

I have been handspinning some dog wool that I've collected from Chance. It's not the prettiest, but by gosh, it's fun! I don't know how much I have on the spindle, but I've kinda gotten the hang of it. Of course, since the staple length of this fiber is less than or close to 2", I've been doing the "park and draft" thing. I get some extra thickness and fuzziness when I have to join in a new rolag of fiber, and I haven't quite figured out yet how to stop that. I think it will be interesting to see this when it gets plied.

My Joy should be here in 2 days... Come on Brown Man, hurry up and get here! I ordered it from Copper Moose. Fortunately for me, there was a glitch in the way their buttons work for this particular spinning wheel. I wanted the wheel with the carrying/storage bag. It should have been $695. I clicked on the button and it put just the wheel in the cart. For $575 (the wheel alone should have been $615), then, when you add the bag ($115) the total comes to $690!!! So, I saved $5! Whoo hoo, go me! It comes with some freebies... an extra bobbin, a niddy noddy and 1 pound of corriedale roving. The roving came yesterday (Saturday). It is sooo soft! I wanted to pet it for a while, but I had some arranging of the craft room to do. Duane helped me with that. He is so good at figuring out where to put things. Now, we I have to start going through the basement and finish bringing stuff to the craft room.

Okay, so the Superbowl was tonight. We flipped back and forth between it and a two-night movie that was on last week that we taped. It was "The Last Templar" with Scott Foley (Bob "Cool Breeze" Brown on The Unit) and the British chick that was in one of the "The Librarian" movies. It was pretty good. Kinda upset that the Cards didn't win, but they put up one hell of a fight!

You know, sometimes sleep is over-rated... no wait, I mean under-rated! Lately, I have been needing about 10 hours of sleep a night. Crazy, I know, but there you go! If I go to bed when Duane does, I end up reading until quite late. Then, I'm awakened when he gets up, and then again right before he leaves for work... usually, though, I am able to go back to sleep and stay that way until 9:30 or 10. Last night, I was up farting around on the computer until 2 a.m. Then, because he thinks he's quiet and really isn't, I was up before 8:30 this morning. I had visions of taking a nap, but that didn't happen. So, now here we are... it's just after midnight and I'm still up. However, my eyes are getting tired, so I think I'm going to sign off and say, "Good night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment