Friday, March 6, 2009

It's Friday!

Okay, I know I haven't posted anything in a week or so. Or has it been longer? I lose track of time so easily lately! I think the computer keyboard has crack in it that I am absorbing through my fingertips!!!! Or is it the monitor and my eyes? Either way, I'm spending a lot of time with the laptop.



Oh, and Ravelry is laced with crack, too!!! I belong to a couple of groups. Some of them are more active than others... I swear, I can sit down to look at whether or not something from a swap was sent to me, and the next thing I know, I've read all of my "watch this post" posts and lurked in the Rub My Lamp swap, and looked at all the cool pooling, and checked out who's selling what, and 3 hours have gone by!!!



I recently participated in a secret swap in the Karma Swap group. I had a lot of fun stalking my swapee. I got to stalk Sewinggoddes. She is a pretty cool gal. She is into costuming and anime and Japanese stuff.



And, I received a bunch of cool stuff! Pocketmouse1189 was my stalker. I think she did a fantastic job putting together my package. She gave me a spindle and some plain white merino roving. There were pattern markers (the magnetic kind from Kataish), a small project bag (into which I immediately put Bunny's socks-in-progress) There was also a felted "doodad" bag made especially for Harmony. There was a skein of SWTC Pure soysilk yarn in a gorgeous purple. To top it all off.... she commissioned a special colorway "Yin Yang" from WhereStillnessDwells' Knit Bun Purl Bun etsy shop!!! It's a really pretty purple and blue merino roving that is just waiting to be spun up...

I just tried to upload some pictures into this page but they didn't work... I guess I'll just have to go the round about way and publish from flickr.

Gotta wrap this up. Bunny called and he's on his way home from work. He was letting me know he'd need the computer as soon as he gets here to take a quiz in one of his classes. Maybe when he's done with that, I'll come back and put up those pictures. In the mean time, if you really want to see them, you could go to ravelry and look them up in Karma Swap Swap, cuz I don't have them in my profile or projects anywhere.

OOOOOOHHHHH! Speaking of projects.... I am knitting up the first yarn that Harmony and I spun and that Bunny and I dyed. It's becoming the famous One Row Handspun Scarf by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (Yarn Harlot) and it's coming along fabulously!

No comments:

Post a Comment