Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday, Monday..

Can't trust that day! Especially at this time of year. It was cold-ish and windy and overcast... Long about 5:00 this evening, we were under a tornado watch. There were confirmed tornadoes about 40 miles south of us.

I don't know if I said anything before, but I have a new job. I am working on the 2010 Census. There will be crews in your neighborhood in the next few weeks to months. I spent last week in training in Lincoln. It was a lllloooooonnnnngggg week! Most days this week, I get to work here at home getting ready to train my crew starting Friday. I get to drive to South Sioux City and kick things off. Then, Sunday, I drive back up and stay the night so that I can be there for training starting Monday.

I think that it will be fun. And, it's money that I can use to fuel my spinning and knitting habit! I have lucked into some alpaca and llama fiber that all I have to do is either shear it myself or pay someone to shear it for me. The gal has said that she hasn't done anything with the fiber in the past few years, so there's a chance that it won't be useable for this year. But come NEXT year... whoa nelly... 7 "blankets" of llama and alpaca for my spinning pleasure.

I made my first hat. It was a Jayne Cobb hat for my friend Holly. I made it with Trina yarn by Adrienne Vittadini in Maize, Terracotta, and Orange. It's 55% Merino, 35% Microfiber and 10% Cashmere. It is so cool, as in nifty. And the best part? She LOVES it!!! I finished it and took it to her this past Saturday. She wasn't feeling too well, but she perked up a little and put it on her head. It was 70 degrees out, but that's okay.

Not a whole lot else going on... I just spun up the last 4 ounces of the Corriedale that Harmony brought with her. I thought that I had divvied it up well enough that I wouldn't end up uneven amounts on the bobbins, but I did. So, now I have to figure out how to divide that in half and then splice it to the yarn that I've already plied. I would love to have it be a whole 4 ounces. It will be a better amount to dye and then knit up in to something wonderful!

Okay, that's been my Monday! And then some. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment