Sunday, February 6, 2011

I don't know how they do it

As a "blogger," I am so in awe of those who blog on a daily basis. Or even more than twice a week. There are blogs I visit every day to see if they have a new post. I am kinda disappointed if there isn't one. I know they have lives that keep them from writing everyday, but still.... I'm there and I want to know what's going on with them.

Several of the blogs I read are so well written, they have been made into books. And I'm not talking about someone publishing it themselves. I mean actual, a publisher paid them for their work, books. And they go on book tours and have signings and hundreds of people show up.

One of my friends, who's blog I read, has specific things she posts about on specific days. I think I like the idea of that, but I don't know how to go about finding the topics for each day of the week. I know they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I don't think I could mimic what she puts on her blog.

I know that a couple of my friends stop by and read these musings of mine. And, I hope that they look forward to reading what I've prattled on about. I think that I will try the themed days thing, and maybe that will help me post more regularly. Maybe someone could leave a comment with a topic suggestion for a post. Now, if you do, please make it something reasonable! LOL

On the diet front, the past couple of days have been kind of up and down. Saturday was down, and today was up, but not by that much. I have said it before, and I will say it again... I think it has to do with my water intake. I am supposed to be drinking half of my weight in ounces every day. Most days, I can do it. There are, however, days that I lose track of how many of my refillable water bottles I have emptied... I only have two, but sometimes I get confused. Whatever. So, I got out one of my BIG stainless steaming pitchers that I rescued from the garbage when the Starbucks closed here in town. I am using that, plus my water bottles. I fill all three up in the morning and as long as they are empty at night, I have had all my water. Like I said, most days I don't have a problem. Except when Duane is home and we are doing stuff together. I completely lose track that I'm supposed to be drinking, and I think that happened on Saturday.

So, even though I was up a little, I have lost 26 pounds! It's not as dramatic on me as it is on Duane. I have a lot more to lose before it's really noticeable. Now, Duane.... his pants are literally falling off of him. He has tightened his belt 2 notches and when he gets dressed for work Monday, will have to go to the next hole! I am so proud of him. He only has a few more pounds to go before his BMI is in the "normal" range. He is thinking he needs to be down around the 18% range, which would be about 125 pounds or so. I think that that would be too thin for him. But, that's the thing about the diet we're doing. His body will tell him when it is where it wants to be.

So, my clothes are still fitting, lycra or spandex or whatever it is they are putting in with the cotton in jeans nowadays... But, I thought I would try on a "sweat-suit" that I got for Christmas 2 years ago that I haven't worn because it fit funky. I wore it all day on Saturday and really didn't have problems with the back of the pants pulling down or the top riding up to expose the small of my back. Those of my friends who have been "blessed" with some junk in the trunk know what I'm talking about.  Oh, here's a mystery that totally needs solving: Why don't pants have enough beltloops? There are usually only 5 and there should be at least 7!!! Two on either side of the front, one on each side, one in the middle back and one on each side of that in the back. It's crazy. Didn't pants used to have enough beltloops? What gives? Are they saving that much money by doing away with 2 loops?

Okay, I need to go put the bunnies to bed and quit making myself angry about pants manufacturers!!! The bunny love I will get when I go to the barn is sure to calm me.

So, until next time, when I might have an actual theme.... C-ya!

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to blog every day because I did a dare. But normally I wouldn't. It's been fun. There are only a couple things I do each week - What's on my Phone Tuesdays and embrace Thursdays. A lot of times those will help me think of things to blog about another time. I'm not a blog post planner! and yes, I would love to read more posts from you.

    ReplyDelete