Friday, February 25, 2011

The End Is In Sight

The end of the quarter, that is. LOL We turned in the final draft of Duane's paper for English Comp. 2 tonight. I am so glad that this class is over. I can't even begin to tell you how messed up this class was...
So I'm not going to!

When I started this blog, I thought that I'd be writing more about my knitting and spinning and other fibery pursuits. I have sort of strayed away from that for a while and so I would like to catch up on some knitting that I just finished.

I think I started writing about the scarf/shawl/stole called Clapotis that I've been working on. I finished knitting it yesterday and finished dropping all the stitches last night. I wove in the ends and soaked it today. It is drying on the floor in my craft room as I type this. For those who don't want to (or can't) click through to the link on Ravelry, this is what it looks like...

Riding the Wave
Granted, it hasn't been soaked or blocked yet, but you can see the size of it. It's sorta hanging from the drawer pulls on my lower kitchen cabinets.

I used Noro Silk Garden yarn and used 5 1/2 skeins. I had to send out a desperate plea for more, as I only had 4 skeins to start with. This is knit on the diagonal. I had thought I would just not do all the increases and I would be golden. LOL Yeah, right. I could have gotten away with even fewer increases than what I made. Whatever, it's really nice and I LOVE it.

I have done some other knitting, but I gave it away. Of course I didn't take any pictures of it, but maybe I can go gank one from the gal I gave it to. It was a pair of fingerless mitts knit from some of my handspun angora. So very soft and warm. I have a pair for myself in the works. Maybe I'll just wait to take pics til mine are done. LOL

Okay, so it's bedtime... night y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm Sounds like D might have the same Professor for English Comp 2 that I have. Counting lines, measuring margins, stupid subjects. I'm glad he's done and I can't wait until I am too!

    ReplyDelete