Friday, January 7, 2011

goals, not resolutions.

Every year, people are caught up in making New Year's Resolutions. Every year, most people break their resolutions by the end of the first week. I am taking a page out of my friend Kris's book. I will make goals not resolutions. Goals are fluid, moveable and able to be changed. If you resolve to do something, it's pretty concrete. That's why they are so hard to keep.

So, here are some of my goals for this year. They are not in any particular order.

1. Be the best partner and friend (and other things, wink, wink) to Duane that I can be. My goal is to be there to help him in whatever way he needs me. If it's proofreading a paper or helping him with yardwork, then I will get out my red pencil and my rake.

2. Finish the socks I started for him 2 years ago. I have one done, and the second is close to turning the heel. then it's down the foot to the toe. So, really, if I knuckle down, it could be done in a couple of days... Maybe I will send it to the newly formed Surrogate Sock Knitters group and someone will take pity on me and finish it. Theoretically, it's for the whole 2nd sock, but....

3. Knit up some of the projects I have had planned for a while. I have a really cute hat to make out of Cashmerino. I have some yarn that is supposed to be a bag. And, I have the mystery wool that I want to be a sweater.

4. Post on the blog at least once a week. More if I can. I really want to get into the habit of blogging. I like the idea of it. There are some blogs I follow and check daily to see if there are new posts. Some of them really rock.

5. Lose the weight I've said I want to lose. And keep it off. That's the goal. Keep it off. So far, I am down almost 8 pounds since I started a week ago! I think I didn't lose as much the last two days because I didn't get all my water in. And, I know it seems contradictory, I think I forgot to take my furosemide.

6. Weave more. Learn how to do more than just tabby (plain) weave. I want to learn how to do "Log Cabin" and Waffle Weave.

7. Spin yarn for socks. I have some superwash, and it's enough for a pair of socks.

Okay, I think for now I have put down enough goals...

And, as it's taken me two days to write this post, I think the whole "blog more than once a week" is happening. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Those are awesome goals. I can't wait to see pictures of all the new stuff you're going to make!!

    ReplyDelete