Monday, January 10, 2011

snow days

It started snowing Sunday afternoon/early evening. It really hasn't stopped since then. Duane woke up at 6 this morning to find out that he had a 2 hour late reporting, meaning he didn't have to be in until 9. I got up with him to see if he wanted me to help him shovel the drive and clear cars and whatnot. He told me he didn't, so I took my drops and went back to bed.

When I got up at 9:30 (my usual time), I went through most of my morning routine and weighed. I was down only 0.2 pounds. Which brings me to 10 pounds lost!!!! I took my drops, went and woke up the girls. The bunnies are so frisky in this cold weather and are the cutest in the mornings. I came back in and played on the computer. Duane was out using the snowblower. He had decided that he was just going to take a day of leave. I let him have his fun alone for about 45 minutes and then I decided that if I wanted to spend any time with him today, I should go help him. So, I put on some thermal pants under my jeans, a medium weight jacket and wrapped a handknit lace shawl made from handspun llama over my head, the ends of which I crossed over my lower face and tied in back. Think 50's moviestar in a convertible... Kind of like that, but with lace. It kept me so warm!

We got it all done and came in at about 12:30. I took a shower and just for shits and grins, decided to weigh myself again. I lost 0.6 pounds. bringing the total to 10.6 pounds lost!!

Duane and I had lunch. We had a chicken salad. I baked up a bunch of chicken yesterday so that we would have easy lunches through the week. I made up some cajun seasoning and have been using that and italian seasonings. This time, I tried some garlic salt. Oh, man! That was the best! So, now I'm going to have to figure out how to make a garlic salt without quite so much salt.

So, all-in-all, it was a great snow day. Spent time with my honey. Played with the dog in the snow... and I lost some extra weight. maybe.

1 comment: