Tuesday, January 4, 2011

starting things out right.

Happy New Year!!!!  Duane and I had a quiet night in. We thought it was too cold for our neighbors to set off fireworks. Yeah, right! There were several rounds starting at about 8pm. The really big ones, of course, were at midnight. Because we thought it would be too cold, we didn't give Chance his valium and he was shaking sooooo bad. I felt awful, but I knew that it was too late to give him his meds, they wouldn't kick in in time to do any good.

I have started a new project. A scarf that everyone, it seems, on Ravelry has already done. It's called Clapotis (cla-po-tee) and here is the start of mine.

I have finished spinning some mystery wool. I think it's destined to be a sweater. I just have to find the right pattern. Oh, I guess that means I need to spend time on the computer! Darn... I'm leaning toward one called Smokin' by Jared Flood.

Now for the update on the diet... Duane and I started our drops on Friday. The first two days are "loading days" and you can eat whatever you want, to include pizza and icecream. So that's what we did! We weighed in Friday morning before we started the drops and all the eating. Because you're eating all kinds of fatty things, some weight gain those two days is normal...

Come Sunday, the switch to 500 calories was a shock, let me tell you. Although it's not many calories, we were able to eat quite a bit. I had forgotten that 2 cups of lettuce is actually quite a bit. 100 grams of chicken or fish is a decent-ish portion.

When I weighed this morning, I am down 4.4 pounds! That's from when I started... 9 something since Saturday night. I'll keep blogging about this losing streak I'm on. LOL   Also, I think I need a round of applause because I was soooo full of willpower that I resisted temptation today. I had a bag of Hershey's Kisses near me on the couch, you know, when I could eat them on Friday and Saturday... I moved some stuff and uncovered it today. Oh, man, they looked so good and I was so very tempted... I was good, though, and put the whole bag in the freezer without taking a single one!!! Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment