Sunday, January 16, 2011

going back to basics.

Let's start with something that is a recurring thing right now. I talked with my sister today and found out I have been using the wrong starting weight! I am supposed to use the weight I was at when I actually started the 500 calorie diet, so we get to add 4 pounds to the loss, so to that end... I am down another 0.6 to make a total of 17 pounds lost!!!!

Yesterday was the monthly meeting for the fiber guild I belong to. Spinners Web is the name of it and we meet the third Saturday of every month except December (some of our members live on farms and get snowed in.)

January's meeting is all about getting back to basics. Starting fresh. Learning the basics of spinning and knitting and crochet, and even weaving. This year, we had kind of an "open house" thing in the Auditorium of the library. I thought it would be a bigger thing. The library didn't advertise it very well. We did have like 5 new people and one woman brought her young kids. My friend DiAnn taught a beginning spinning class, with people learning how to spindle spin.

I had thought about taking my loom and weaving on the kitchen towels some more, but I took Harmony and we spun up some angora. I have worked a trade of a skein of angora for some sock blockers. I need to spin up some more white so that I can ply it with some gray that is already spun. I want to have it spun up before I go to Whole Foods Wednesday night for knit night.

Duane and I are taking the Christmas tree down today and tomorrow. I know some people only leave it up until Epiphany, but we leave it up until the 3 day weekend for MLK day. I kinda had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. I don't know why. I love all things about Christmas. The meaning, the pageantry, the decorations, the lights and smells. Gathering with family and friends. Maybe that's part of it. It has been quite a few years since we've spent Christmas with either Duane's family or mine. I think, too, part of it is that we've cut our card list way down. If we didn't get a card from you last year, you're not getting one this year. If we keep up with that trend, some of the brothers and sisters on both sides won't be getting a card this next Christmas. Hmm. Sad.

Let me see if I can get a picture of the tree out of my new phone... Nope, not happening. Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!
Maybe I will have to take one with the old phone or actually break out the camera. Look for it tomorrow.

On that note... Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I hate trying to get pictures out of my phone! It never stinking works. I'm glad we didn't get cut from the card list last year when in my lameness I not only didn't send out cards - but I didn't get 3rd grade pictures taken either!!

    ReplyDelete